Serve with us
Camp Horsin’ Around welcomes individuals and groups of all ages and abilities to volunteer their time and talents. Every person has unique gifts, and there are a variety of volunteer opportunities at CHA to share those. Whether a few hours, days, months, or even years, your volunteerism makes a difference for the unique campers at Camp Horsin’ Around!
Camp Horsin’ Around’s peak camping season runs from June-August, but its mission is year-round if you are looking for a more significant service opportunity. You can support our campers as a:
- Camp Volunteer providing an extra level of support to camper groups and working closely with camp counselors. Camp volunteers enable the safe and fun use of facilities, activities, and other camp functions.
- Facilities Volunteer working hand in hand with the Camp Director in groundskeeping, camp preparation and beautification, organization, and specialty projects. Projects Include: Painting, carpentry, forestry, landscaping, housekeeping, and gardening.
- Food Service Volunteer assisting with food prep, meal setup, dishwashing, and general cleanup. You may also help by circulating throughout the dining hall during meal service to ensure campers’ needs are met. Food service volunteers are critical to keeping everyone fueled for fun!
There are also several volunteer roles that support the incredible staff at Camp Horsin’ Around. You may serve as an:
- Administrative Volunteer who will meet and greet visitors to the office; answer the phone and direct calls to appropriate people; bind, print, photocopy, and shred documents as required; and manage documents, including filing.
- Adopt A Staff Volunteer who will be paired with a staff member and have access to their personal likes and needs. Throughout the summer we ask that you send at least 1 care package to your adopted staff member and multiple notes or messages of support and encouragement.
To ensure that our campers interact with the best of the best, there are specific requirements that must be met prior to starting your volunteer service. Volunteer placement is contingent upon full completion of the following:
- Volunteer application. Apply here today! (Here is a link to the form.)
- Criminal and national sex offender registry background checks.
- Agreements and Policies – requires signed acknowledgment.
- Mandatory attendance at volunteer orientation.
- COVID Vaccine for volunteer roles with camper interaction.
If you have questions about volunteering individually or as a group onsite at camp, you may contact Carrie Truitt, Camp Horsin’ Around Executive Director, with any additional questions about supporting our mission at firstname.lastname@example.org.